A good place to start the process

Talk about furling leaders and lines.

A good place to start the process

Postby RJD » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Hello Michael,

I bought one of your personal furling machines about two tears ago, and own Kathy Scott's DVD. I have way to many hobbies and not enough time. Consequently, no furling board constructed to mount the furling machine or no leaders made. I would finally like to put together a furling setup. Do you suggest to start with a two legged leader and move onto a three legged? What about a simple board/peg design to incorporate the furling machine? For example, could Kathy's board design and technique offered in the video utilize the furling machine? Thanks.

Ron
RJD

Re: A good place to start the process

Postby eclecticguy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Hey Rob, yes start furling 2 leg leaders until you are comfortable with them. Adding that 3rd leg makes it more complicated but easy if you understand the process. Furling boards are not complicated and Kathy's would work quite well with your machine. Just mount it on the end where she uses the drill. Start with 2 rows of pegs and you can add the 3rd row later when you move to 3 leg furls.

cheers,
Michael
My blog: www.EclecticGuy.com
The Reelsmith's Primer, reelsmithing materials, reels, lines and other items: www.EclecticAngler.com
eclecticguy
Site Admin

Return to Furling Leaders and Lines