Nice deal on a mini lathe and milling machine

Discuss tools and how to use them here.

Nice deal on a mini lathe and milling machine

Postby RJD » Sat May 29, 2010 3:31 pm

I received an email offer from Micro-Mark where they are currently selling their 7 x 14 metal lathe for $489.95 ($150 off) as well as a mini milling machine for $484.95 ($75 off) until 11:59 pm ET Monday, May 31st as a Memorial Day special. They both seem like nice deals. The sale was supposed to have already started, but the reduced prices are not on their site thus might require calling about the promotion. I might pull the trigger on the milling machine.

Ron
RJD

Re: Nice deal on a mini lathe and milling machine

Postby eclecticguy » Sat May 29, 2010 6:24 pm

I have both the Micro Mark lathe and mill and they are both excellent machines, well finished and Functional. Great price on those! I need another mill, hmmm.

Thanks,
Michael
My blog: www.EclecticGuy.com
The Reelsmith's Primer, reelsmithing materials, reels, lines and other items: www.EclecticAngler.com
eclecticguy
Site Admin

Postby badboy6070bce » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 am

Please how does this compare with the taig lathe and millm attachment??

Thanks guys :?: :?:
badboy6070bce

Postby eclecticguy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:48 am

BadBoy6070bce, I have both of these machines and a Sherline mini lathe and a 10 x 22 lathe and a much larger mill. I sold a small Sherline to buy the mini lathe. That was a mistake! So I bought another used Sherline to replace the one I sold. Don't get me wrong, the mini lathe is a great machine and I use it a lot, but believe it or not, I can turn larger diameter disks on the Sherline than I can on it. It is also very portable so I can take it with me to shows and workshops. It will be very similar to the Taig you are considering. I think that will be a good way to go and you'll get a lot of service out of it.
Many reel parts are small and turning on a small lathe is a good way to go.

cheers,
Michael
My blog: www.EclecticGuy.com
The Reelsmith's Primer, reelsmithing materials, reels, lines and other items: www.EclecticAngler.com
eclecticguy
Site Admin

emco unimat sl 100

Postby badboy6070bce » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Well guys i ended up with an Emco unimate SL1000 thats in 1st class shape. :D

I wanted the Peatol\Taig but the English dealer was so bad mannered and did nt answere my calls emails or mob and then said I was rude because I complained and told him to get his act together. how does one in the USA deal with people like that?? ( I have kept all the emails etc) :roll:
:evil:

Sad because thats the only place in the Uk where one can get it. And its a great lathe.

So I have Michaels reelsmithing book, WOW!! everyone on the planet should get one!! :D :D

keep progressing all you people her and dont let anyone spoil your day.

Regs to all.

Chris
badboy6070bce

Return to Tools & Techniques