3D Printers

Discuss tools and how to use them here.

3D Printers

Postby RJD » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:25 pm

Hello,

I am entertaining the idea of purchasing an assembled 3D printer, and would like to keep the price under $2,500. There are a considerable amount of offerings in that range. MakerGear M2, LulzBot TAZ 5, and the smaller LulzBot Mini seem to all get overall good reviews for quality, performance, and customer service. It seems some things to consider beyond price include how easy to calibrate/level the printing surface and what are the size limits in-terms of a printed item. Anyone willing to weigh in on purchasing an initial 3D printer?

Ron
RJD

Re: 3D Printers

Postby eclecticguy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Ron, send me an email or give me a call. I have 7 3D printers. For a ready to go printer, the Taz 5 and mini are both excellent machines. The mini has auto leveling and a much smaller build volume. The Taz 5 (I have a Taz 4) is much larger and would be my recommendation.
My blog: www.EclecticGuy.com
The Reelsmith's Primer, reelsmithing materials, reels, lines and other items: www.EclecticAngler.com
eclecticguy
Site Admin

Postby RJD » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Michael,

My response is late. I purchased a MakerGear M2, and it has been a great printer. Plan on printing one of your reels. Thanks for offering your assistance.

Ron
RJD

Postby eclecticguy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Great, that's a good choice for a printer.

Cheers,
Michael
My blog: www.EclecticGuy.com
The Reelsmith's Primer, reelsmithing materials, reels, lines and other items: www.EclecticAngler.com
eclecticguy
Site Admin

Return to Tools & Techniques